EVENT DRESS REQUIREMENT
For your safety and comfort we ask that all those attending Parties, Camps, Scout outings, Trial Lessons, and all other events at BCF observe the following dress code:
- Footwear: Smooth, hard-soled, over the ankle boots with small ½” heels or tennis shoes. (Paddock boots if you have them.)
- Tops: Shirts and jackets should be properly fitting; sleeves should not cover the rider’s hands. Jackets must be no longer than hip-length and always be zipped while riding. (Clothing that is extremely loose fitting is not permitted, as it gets in the way and can get caught on the horse’s tack).
- Pants: Jeans are best, as long as they are not extremely loose fitting. (Breeches/jodhpurs if you have them.)
- Cold weather: Warm jackets, gloves, and layers are recommended for the colder months. Always remember to dress for the weather!
- Safety regulation schooling helmets are provided by BCF and will be worn at all times while riding. (If you have your own helmet, you are welcome to bring it.)
- What not to wear: Shorts, Capri’s, embellished jeans, leggings, yoga pants, sweatpants, sandals, deep treads or heels over ½”.
SCHOOL OF HORSEMANSHIP MEMBERSHIP POLICIES
- In order to secure a weekly time slot, all students enrolled in the BCF School of Horsemanship are required to commit to one month of prepaid lessons each month.
- Tuition for the school is due on the last lesson of each month for ALL of the lessons in the following month (no exceptions).
- Please take care of payment with your instructor on the last lesson of every month before the lesson begins.
- Please understand that there will be a, $25.00, late fee if your time slot has been held without payment.
- BCF accepts cash, checks, and credit cards.
- For all payments made by credit card, there will be a surcharge of a small percentage the total, to cover our processing expenses.
- Please put students name and event on all checks or cash envelopes.
- All deposits are non-refundable.
- Please provide us with two weeks written notice if you plan to discontinue lessons so that we may have the opportunity to fill your time slot, or be prepared to pay the next month’s tuition in full.
- Missed lessons can be made-up (refer to our makeup policy.)
MAKE-UP AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
- All students enrolled in the BCF School of Horsemanship have reserved a weekly time slot each month. Students enrolled will be allowed to miss or reschedule one lesson per month that will be eligible for a make-up; any additional missed lessons in that month will be forfeited unless extenuating circumstances have been cited and your instructor has approved a make-up.
- In order to qualify for a make-up, we ask that you notify BCF at least 3 hours prior to your lesson time.
- No- shows and late cancellations will not be eligible for make-ups.
- Missed lessons must be scheduled within 3 months of the date they were missed or they will be forfeited.
- No financial credit will be given for missed lessons.
- Make-up lessons will only be given to those who are currently enrolled in our program.
- Please remember, your time slot has been reserved for you. Tardiness and delays will cut into your lesson time.
- You will be notified by phone and/or email of weather/illness cancelled lessons. Make sure we have current phone numbers and email addresses, and please remember to check your messages.
- All lessons cancelled by BCF can be made up at your convenience but will be subject to our 3-month make-up policy.
- If circumstances require, we reserve the right to substitute a ground lesson for a mounted lesson for safety reasons.